Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:26 PM
jerry

I gave you direct statements from Scripture - those are referring to everyone saved by grace. There is no salvation apart from obeying the Gospel (ie. by obeying His command to trust Christ for salvation). I can give the exact verses if you do not have access to a Bible program or a concordance. If you don't agree with it, take it up with God.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Yes, God has commanded all men everywhere to repent, He states we must be born again, we are told to obey the Gospel - so, yes, salvation comes by obeying what God has said about how to be saved.

But if you are trying to imply we are saved (and kept saved) by works or obedience to the Law, you are seriously misunderstanding the Bible.
You have only strung together a group of scriptures without understanding them jerry, none of which , teache salvation is by ones obediance..Thats not grace but law..

In fact the elects justfication is by or because of the obedience of another..

rom 5:

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:52 PM
jerry

I didn't say we were saved by obedience to the Law - however, there is no salvation without obeying the Gospel (ie. coming to the Lord for salvation the way He commands us to).

Here are the verses to go with the phrases I used (which you apparently are unfamiliar with):

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Looks like a command to me.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Looks like a "command" to me.

Please take my words in context: "so, yes, salvation comes by obeying what God has said about how to be saved." If you disagree with the verses posted above, take them up with God.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
beloved57

Quote:
didn't say we were saved by obedience to the Law - however, there is no salvation without obeying the Gospel (ie. coming to the Lord for salvation the way He commands us to).

Here are the verses to go with the phrases I used (which you apparently are unfamiliar with):

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Looks like a command to me.

Its what you didnt say, the elect are saved by the obedience of another..

rom 5:

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Shall means shall..by the obedience of one [jesus christ] many [ those he died for the elect] shall = promise , made righteous that is declared righteous..which means saved..
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
They repent because they are saved not to get saved..

All those christ died for have been given repentance in the first place..

acts 5:

31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Duh a saviour gives repentance , so those who repent make manifest the gift of Gods grace of repentance..

acts 11:

18When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

so you dont have a clue what repentance nor salvation is..lol
Old 03-24-2008, 10:55 PM
jerry

What are you talking about? If you want to fellowship here, you might want to do a better job of taking people's comments in context. And yes, I have a very good understanding of what repentance and salvation are as taught in the Bible. The Bible makes it very clear that a lost person must repent or perish, repent of their sins, repent of going their way and turn to the Lord, repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
beloved57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
What are you talking about? If you want to fellowship here, you might want to do a better job of taking people's comments in context. And yes, I have a very good understanding of what repentance and salvation are as taught in the Bible. The Bible makes it very clear that a lost person must repent or perish, repent of their sins, repent of going their way and turn to the Lord, repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ.

You are getting angry and showing your spiritual inadequacy, I have given much scripture and you have failed to refute any air lol..

You have totally disregarded all scripture proof that Jesus saves by himself..
Old 03-25-2008, 06:46 PM
jerry

No, I have just disregarded your twisting and overlooking of Scripture. I very much believe the Bible - all of it - just not your wacky interpretation. Even if you think you are totally right in what you are teaching, you might want to actually apply some Bible to yourself:

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Scorning and belittling others is not love.

2 Timothy 2:24-26 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

You are not patient in your teaching - you certainly are not gentle or meek - and you haven't done much teaching, just knocking others that don't see the Bible through Calvinist-coloured glasses.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:43 PM
beloved57

I know the truth hurts doesnt it ? You keep rejecting it..
Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM
beloved57

That what you term calvinism, at least the doctrines of grace aspect, that of

Particular redemption, unconditional election, Mans spiritual ruin and inabilty, Irresistable efficasious grace, and preservation of the elect, these are foundational gospel keys ..A rejection of these truthes make manifest a heart unrenewed by grace..void of spiritual illumination.