Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha sister Here I Am,
Actually, it's "Here Am I", but call me "Lor".

I specifically did not use the "I am" because it might be construed as me saying I'm God, or something like that.

But I digress...

Quote:
Don't worry or fret sister - Doxa is not referring to you or Steve (POTW). I'm sure she is referring to me and the Post I made (AV1611 Forums > Doctrine > Salvation = Faith + Works? > Page 3 > Post #22) in reference to some comments she made on the Forum.
I for one, am not going to allow Doxa to hang a "guilt trip" on me, just because her "feelings" get "hurt" by PLAIN TALK. I will not allow the world (or well-meaning Christians) muzzle me, just because they "feel uncomfortable" with the way I express myself....
Thank you brother, for your clarification. I've not yet worried or fretted over this forum, and have rarely gotten upset in any forum for a long while. I've been witnessing and discussing doctrine on the internet since shortly after I got saved, eight years ago; I've been baptised in 'fire', so to speak.

I'm no noob.

I'd be lying if I said I never got my feelings hurt when others disagreed with me, but the Lord is good to me, and reminds me of what He went through for my salvation, the pain He suffered makes my occasional 'hurt feelings' look like a butterfly kiss.

Brother, all brothers and sisters: don't stop proclaiming what the Bible says! I might agree, but if I disagree, I'll tell you why, and back it up with Scripture. No hard feelings, hmm?

And from these discussions, maybe we'll all learn something that will help us with our time spent here on earth.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Doxa

Default To avoid any misunderstandings

I just want to add...I looked up the plural... PASTORS also, and I found these...

Jeremiah 2:8, 3:15, 10:21, 12:10, 22:22, 23:1, 23:2 and Eph 4:11 (of course I even quoted that one just a bit ago!)

I did not see any Scripture reference that was converting Deacons into Pastors as the same or something of that nature here in the King James Version.

Actually, most of the verses pertaining to Pastors, sad to say, in Jeremiah are negative, not all but most.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxa View Post
I just want to add...I looked up the plural... PASTORS also, and I found these...

Jeremiah 2:8, 3:15, 10:21, 12:10, 22:22, 23:1, 23:2 and Eph 4:11 (of course I even quoted that one just a bit ago!)

I did not see any Scripture reference that was converting Deacons into Pastors as the same or something of that nature here in the King James Version.

Actually, most of the verses pertaining to Pastors, sad to say, in Jeremiah are negative, not all but most.
Sister, I believe that the term 'bishop' is used sometimes instead of pastor.

I have found out that just because a word does not appear in the Bible, does not mean the concept does not exist. For example, the word "rapture" does not appear in the Bible, but that does not mean that it's false doctrine. There are many verses that teach of that concept.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Doxa

Default Here I am

So, do you also change the words of the King James Bible to merit your views or someone else's? Bishop to Pastor?
If you do so, you will find yourself disclaiming your claim also on the pure King James Word, you will in fact, then, find the translation faulty by saying so.
For if Pastor should be in that verse as well, it would be there, then.
Also, regarding rapture or trinity or any words that are not found in the Bible, in pure scholarly form, people do find fault with it as not a purist in the Bible word for that matter. They may embrace it or not as extra words.
But that surprises me because on a board like this, I would perceive that those holding to the KJV would not find the re-wording acceptable, nor extra words the key ingredient of the Word of God. This awareness newly amazes me.
Does not the King James Bible present the Word of God, or not?

Oh, wow, I think I am doing a happy dance, believe it or not.
I do not have to embrace what is not found therein!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH OH OH OH
Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:

OH OH OH OH
You're going to have to change your attitude if you want to stick around here. In fact, I don't understand why you are here at all. There are plenty of "anything goes" forums for you to do your happy dance in. We don't need it here.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Or when HE spoke to me directly?
The LORD speaks to me to, through his Holy Word.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Im done with you, too much todd bently / benny hinn in you for my liking.
My questions werent a trick I wanted to know where you stood doctrinally, no trick there.

Quote:
But what would you say if I told you that I have been to a church for a time that had a true manifestation visit from the Lord?
Where people saw amazing things?
I did.
No tricks.
That just grieves the Holy Ghost within me, I shudder at that statement.

No more of you, for me. You are preaching another jesus.

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
No more of you, for me. You are preaching another jesus.
Indeed!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:21 PM

If she means that they had an actual manifestation of the Lord Himself there with them, then she is in the presence of and being decieved by devils. The Bible tells me that no man hath seen the Lord, save the Son.

On the subject of salvation, without knowing that the Lord Jesus died for your sins, and rose again, then you have no one to believe on that will get you to Heaven. You can't get saved before you know of Jesus and what He did on the cross.

And yes, I said Pastor. Bishop in the KJB and what we call a Pastor today are the same thing. Just different words, that's all.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
So, do you also change the words of the King James Bible to merit your views or someone else's? Bishop to Pastor?
If you do so, you will find yourself disclaiming your claim also on the pure King James Word, you will in fact, then, find the translation faulty by saying so.
For if Pastor should be in that verse as well, it would be there, then.
Also, regarding rapture or trinity or any words that are not found in the Bible, in pure scholarly form, people do find fault with it as not a purist in the Bible word for that matter. They may embrace it or not as extra words.
But that surprises me because on a board like this, I would perceive that those holding to the KJV would not find the re-wording acceptable, nor extra words the key ingredient of the Word of God. This awareness newly amazes me.
Does not the King James Bible present the Word of God, or not?

OH OH OH OH
The King James does not say "Thou shalt not exceed the speed limit", so do you go over the speed limit or not?

Sister, you are being silly right now, like a child who has discovered how to play with words in order to get away with what she wants to do...

"But Mom, you told me to come home after school, you didn't say I couldn't stop at the candy store for a couple minutes...it is on the way home..."

"In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes." (Judges 17:6)
Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Doxa

Default Wow Josh

Josh quote: "If she means that they had an actual manifestation of the Lord Himself there with them, then she is in the presence of and being decieved by devils."

25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
KJV

How true because I said that God manifested Himself to us (yet I did not say how). Yet, it was indeed God Who manifested Himself in such a special way. Oh, wow, it happened to me. Oh wow.
God's Word is so very, very, very true, of course. Sad in this case, but oh, so true.

Also, this whole forum is here to declare the KJV and now folks are mad because I have a realization of the ramifications of it all!!!!!!!!!!!
OH WOW OH WOW!!!!
Go ahead and make fun.
You cannot take the joy away from me.
Does not the Word say I can leap for joy?

Luke 6:22-24
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
KJV