General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Last summer I found myself in an uncomfortable and unprofitable situation.

I was going door to door soulwinning in our community with the "new guy" when he turned out to be Jerry (well, that wasn't his name, but it was his stripe). His theory of Abraham and salvation,etc. was being presented to a lost soul. He preached that Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness...then suggested that anyone (Buddist, Muslim, anybody) who will wholly believe in God for salvation (Abraham his example) will be saved. His words were "even if they have never heard the name of Jesus."

Aaaaahhh!!! What could I do? I wanted to kick him, smack his mouth with my Bible, anything to shut him up. I tried to discreetly interject and shift the approach while "saving face" to the sinner, but the "new guy" was too focused. I continued praying...and eventually the door was shut. The next few minutes brought sharp contention and we had to drop it for the spirit was getting bad.

This nightmare was the result of the teaching being refuted in this thread. It's a shame, but it being taught all over the place.
MY NOTE: The OT saints were looking for the bloody Redeemer in Isaiah 63, not the bloody Redeemer in Isaiah 53. AMEN!
From reading on this forum, I'm positive Jerry would not say that a person can be saved even if they had never heard the name Jesus.

You certainly can't argue with God can you?
Quote:
Genesis 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Do you understand that in the Bible we have a progressive revelation? Abraham believed God and God's promises of a future messiah. Looking forward to the cross.

Today, we look back to the cross. So, yes of course only through Jesus and His atoning work on the cross can we be saved. And yes, if a Buddhist or Muslim or anyone were to repent of their sins and trust in Jesus they also would be saved. This is saving faith in God. Repentance and faith in Christ go hand in hand.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Beth

Quote:
John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
Quote:
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Quote:
Luke 24:44-45 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord
Old 04-01-2008, 12:24 PM

I also doubt that Jerry would make such a statement.

It seems however that you missed the point of my quote you placed in bold. The "new guy" was taught that Abraham was "looking forward to the cross," and knowing that the name of Jesus was not yet revealed, he put two and two together. The sum was his foolish statement (quoted earlier) applied to a hellbound sinner in 2007.
Therefore, "this nightmare was the result of the teaching (above) being refuted in this thread."

Last edited by pbiwolski; 04-01-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Beth

Quote:
I also doubt that Jerry would make such a statement.

It seems however that you missed the point of my quote you placed in bold. The "new guy" was taught that Abraham was "looking forward to the cross," and knowing that the name of Jesus was not yet revealed, he put two and two together. The sum was his foolish statement (quoted earlier) applied to a hellbound sinner in 2007.
Therefore, "this nightmare was the result of the teaching (above) being refuted in this thread."
Unfortunately the way you worded this was offensive.

Quote:
Last summer I found myself in an uncomfortable and unprofitable situation.

I was going door to door soulwinning in our community with the "new guy" when he turned out to be Jerry (well, that wasn't his name, but it was his stripe). His theory of Abraham and salvation,etc. was being presented to a lost soul. He preached that Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness...then suggested that anyone (Buddist, Muslim, anybody) who will wholly believe in God for salvation (Abraham his example) will be saved. His words were "even if they have never heard the name of Jesus."
Old 04-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Pastor Mikie

Someone has posted a website: http://www.petersruckman.com/ accusing Dr. Ruckman of some awful things. I read through it and honestly find it difficult to believe. Dr. Ruckman has been a little "caustic" at times, and being married 3 times hasn't helped his image any, but to accuse him of these kinds of atrocities sounds vindictive. Yikes!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:57 AM

I've read it too recently, and I agree, it sounds like this guy has issues. Maybe Dr. Ruckman didn't shake his hand at a meeting! If I recall, he's prepared to unleash even more dirty laundry if his demands are not met. The funny part to me was the reference to undercover Christians in cabs and a sting operation. What a loser! (I hope that this also was not worded offensively!)
Old 04-02-2008, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Brother Ruckman

Talk about SLANDER! This is the most vicious site I have every seen about any "Christian". You'll notice that the "coward" never identifies himself!

I wouldn't believe one word that this person (or persons) says - since he doesn't have the guts to have a web site where you can identify the accuser!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
So... let's say that my believing wife leaves me who is a a believer too, even though I don't want the divorce, and she wants it anyway so she can further an adulterous reltionship (not to say Ruckman's wives were as I do not knwo anything about it and frankly, it's none of my business), then what am I to do? Am I in sin for the divorce? (Just a scenario)
The way my Pastor explains it is: you would encourage your wife to participate in Church counseling and if after the counsel she still will not repent or if she refuses counsel altogether, then the Church is to treat her as a Pagan and then it would apply as it would when an unbelieving spouse leaves, let her leave. You are not bound.
Quote:
Matthew 18:15-17 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:55 PM

We know where and who is the "accuser" of the brethren!
Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 PM

I would like to know if some of these accusations can be substantiated or refuted. Specifically, was Mr. Ruckman involved in guerilla warfare if he said he was?
I'll contain this post here and allude to the other "hot" thread, but it would be beneficial to have his so called aberrant doctrines outlined and substantiated or not, in print, and let Scripture be the judge. There are no secrets from God, and Mr. Ruckman has some rights of privacy, but I believe it is incumbent on every pastor to answer his critics. Has he? He is a pastor isn't he? I hope these allegations are false. On both these threads I have not seen vindication of either side in tangible referenced print.

Last edited by Debau; 04-02-2008 at 07:06 PM.