Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2008, 07:29 AM

Default Be Satisfied, God is.

Romans 4:23-25 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

In these last days many, many anxious souls are seeking and praying and not finding any satisfaction, it is evident from some posts on these very forums. I have taken a step back from posting as much on the forums, led by Gods Spirit to learn in meekness and humility.Proverbs 22:4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
I would like to exhort the Faithful Brethren on the forum for standing true to Gods infallible written Word, purposely preserved in the KJB, For putting on the whole armour of God to fight against naysayers, mockers and scorners.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Jude 1:17-19 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

I tell you Brothers and Sisters GOD IS SATISFIED.

Do you feel satisfied; do you struggle to feel satisfied in you walk with the Lord? As Brother Forrest continues to exhort in many posts with this wonderful verse

Hebrews 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

He Truly IS the author and finisher of our faith and we should be blessed in the knowledge that God is Satisfied
Never, never, never will you be satisfied until you have believed that God has found infinite satisfaction in the work of Christ on the cross for you.
1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
He cried out on the cross, “IT IS FINISHED!” and died (John 19:30). But, thank God He is risen again, and exalted to “the right hand of God” (Acts 2:32, 33). Yes! “This man after He had offered one sacrifice for ... sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God” (Heb. 10:12), from whence God sent the Holy Ghost to give this witness to all believers. “Their sins and iniquities will I remember NO MORE” (verse 17).

It is evident that some come to this forum with a singular agenda to sway Godly brethren from the truth, tempting with their own self righteous self satisfaction Gospel, perverting the “right way” of the Lord

Acts 13:10 ......... O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

The Right way is to stop seeking satisfaction by ourselves and try NO LONGER to DO anything, wait NO LONGER to feel anything, Wait NO LONGER for satisfaction, Simply rest where God rests, In Christ.

Matchless Saviour! Thy work is done. Once was sufficient for God, and once is sufficient for me. I can meet God now with joy, for Thou hast answered every question and settled every claim, and introduced me to that blessed God who rejoices over me with joy, who rests in His love and joys over me with singing,
Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
“God is satisfied.” Now are you?

I know I can Cry out Yes! The way in which He receives the poor, dissatisfied, repentant, returning prodigal, covering him with kisses, clothing and feasting him - tells out the satisfied heart of a satisfied God.

Those that are in the condition of seeking knowledge, seeking truth and trying unsuccesfully to get satisfied through self are putting the cart before the horse and expecting it to go. The Gospel begins with God, not with us.