View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
You Know Guys, I went back through the Book of Revelation. and it would seem, (which would mean we need to re-evaluate our thoughts of the Church) that the church goes back into a mystery form during the tribulation and 1,000 year kingdom. if we would look at Revelation in that manner we would see that most of the things spoken of involve only Israel and unsaved mankind all the way unto chapter 22.

it would also mean we would have to abandon some preconceived Ideas of things we now claim are the church in Rev. 20-22. such as the Bride, especially the church itself was never called a bride just that individuals were said by Paul that He Paul espoused them as a chase virgin. not that they were a bride or espoused literally.

definitely we see that the book of life at the great white throne judgment is not the same as the Lambs book of life to enter a city
No, I don't think the Church goes into a mystery form. I mean, it is clear that chapters 1-3 of Revelation contain the word "church" but after that the word is nonexistant. Therefore we have to compare Scripture with Scripture to understand where the Church is (perhaps Ephesians 1:10 can shed some light on this). To me, I have absolutely no doubts that we are the Bride of Christ. I honestly have never met a Bible believing Christian who claimed otherwise.

Anywho, I'm nearly halfway through the Bible, now that I've purposed to read the Book 4 times through a year. When I get through Revelation I plan to do some sort of exhaustive study of it. Perhaps I'll find something that can shed light on this. Then again I doubt I'll figure out anything new that faithful Bible believers haven't figured out before. Also, I have an aversion for people who claim to have some sort of new private interpretation prophetic Scriptures.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen