View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
Greenbear

Yes, we have to wonder a great deal of why Paul said certain things don't we? We could wonder that the reason he stipulated that a bishop or deacon be the husband of one wife is to differentiate between the OT where leaders such as Moses were permitted to have more than one wife.

Believe it or not I recently got into a rather heated discussion over homosexuality not too long ago. A homeschooling "christian" friend said that while sodomy was wrong and an abomination in the OT the fact that very little if anything was said to the church that it wasn't necessarily wrong. There were things in the OT that were an abomination that we don't consider as an abomination now, according to her argument...I am not at all trying to hijack as this could be debated on another thread but you did remind me of this discourse
Oh, really? I reminded you of that discourse?
What does that have to do with me? I'm tiring of insinuations that I only apply Paul's words as having anything to do with the church. I'm also tiring of false accusations about what I have and haven't said. I think we're through discoursing.