View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
I don't decide anything Greenbear...It is either time for me to see the spiritual meaning or not as it is with us all. Some things I see and some I don't. If I'm having a difficult time I ask Him and He usually answers...at times the answer is so strong that it leaves me shaken. At other times it is through the teachings of another person or I just suddenly understand, suddenly see what is written....truly see.
1 Corinthians 2:12-14 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world,but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it. (26) But the Comforter, Which is the Holy Ghost, Whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you
What He "said unto" us is in His Word. The Holy Spirit opens understanding, He teaches us....all things when it is our time to learn those things. It isn't that I decide to interpret anything.
What would you do if you felt that the Holy Spirit showed you that Jesus did not literally come in the flesh? Would you believe the spirit? Or would you believe the literal words as recorded in the bible? Every person must determine how to interpret a verse. It is a cop out to say that you don't decide how to interpret anything. You decide to listen to a spirit and decide what to believe based upon how you feel about the revelation. Or you decide to believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God (1 Jo 4:1). How do we try the spirits? With the word of God. Are you immune to being deceived, whirlwind?

There must be a standard. The bible is that standard. It means what it says. It is to be taken literally unless otherwise indicated within the text itself.

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

"What saith the scripture?" is the question, not "What saith my imagination".