View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
My friend, I'd like to see the Scripture for this, sicne there is only one baptism efficacious in the Body of Christ today and I don't see a drop of water in it.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

I'm familiar with multiple choice baptisms, as the Church Of Christ I came out of teaches when we go under the water:

1. We come into contact by the Spirit with Christ's Blood while under.
2. We are made partakers of Christ's death while under water.

I never figgered then why they pulled us out, seems holding you under would be the way to come into contact with death.

I'm honestly interested in your position, please procede.

Grace and peace

Tony
I can't respond to the posts as often as I wanted to do -- I moved to my new home -- no computer, no internet connection.

But if you will, please, go to this thread I started, this may show you my position: http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647

Concerning the two points you gave above, I've thought about it. I think you missed Romans 6, Colossians 2, and Ephesians 2.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

I believe Paul's WATER Baptism (and he DID BAPTIZE and gave no commandment to stop it) is a picture of the BAPTIST BY ONE SPIRIT INTO THE BODY OF CHRIST.

1. We are CRUCIFIED with Christ. (Standing)
2. We are BURIED with Christ. (Under water)
3. We are RISEN with Christ. (Standing up again.)