View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
BroP and FredO,

All is written for us but not to us. Matthew 28 is one that needs to be rightly divided and ask:

To whom Jesus is immediately speaking to?

The Apostles only no 500 (they are at a private place alone) Mt 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

What Baptism Is he Referring to?

The only Baptism they knew of was John's Baptism. after Christ's resurrection he does not give any example of a new type or way of Baptism. Paul was the one who showed a new Baptism one by the Spirit that places us in the Body of Christ. Every example of Baptism up unto Matt 28 is John's baptism and so is that of Acts 2 and Acts 8.[B]
Chette, I'm sorry brother but I see nothing in your post that changes my point from post no. 168. I hear you, but sorry I don't see it that way Chette. John's baptism was never instructed in Matt. 28. The baptism Christ speaks of is in the name of the "Father Son and Holy Ghost."

No one had ever made a comment like that anywhere in the entire spectrum of Biblical history. If you can find another place in the Bible before this time where someone was baptized in the name of the "Father Son and Holy Ghost," please show me, but it's not there brother.

John's baptism was PRE-RESURRECTION and was never in the name of the "Father Son and Holy Ghost," per Matt. 28. You won't ever find John baptizing anyone in that manner, anywhere in the Bible. I don't mean to argue. We will have to agree to disagree on this, for me it's just not that complicated.