View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Bro. Parrish, this isn't creation here. The primary definitions of "prepared" in both verses is

1) to count, reckon, number, assign, tell, appoint, prepare

I believe the meaning here would be to assign or appoint. So God spoke to the whale and the worm and gave them assignments. That's how I see it anyway.
LOL, well that's not the way I see it but you may be right!
That's why I specifically wrote "special creatures that God MAY have "whipped up" or "specially made." (see post no. 30)

However let's keep an open mind for a moment...

The Bible does not say God "spoke" to those creatures.
The Bible does not say God "assigned" anything.
The Bible does not say God "appointed" anything.

Those are your words, not the superior wording in the KJV bible.
Here's an old tip I learned along time ago; always determine what it SAYS before you try to determine what it MEANS, brother.

The Bible says God PREPARED those creatures!

Try this brother Winman:
Go ask a group of 10 year olds what it means to PREPARE a hamburger.

See how many come back and talk about "assigning" or "appointing" the hamburger."

See how many come back and say "count, reckon, number, assign, or tell" the hamburger. Even a 10 year old would know what the word means.

I think Luke is 100% correct on the Genesis passages.
God had the "formula" for making all the animals, he already made them out of WATER once. This time he did not need to make them "male and female" He only had to make one of each and they were FORMED out of the GROUND at what is clearly a different time. I'm not saying the naming event took place in a day, I agree with you that it could have been longer. But it is CLEARLY not the same time as the creation with water. Argue on if you want, but it won't change what is written in plain English brother. And with all the animals accounted for it seems we may be straining at gnats.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-16-2009 at 04:47 PM.