Thread: I need help!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:11 PM

Default Re: " I need help!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw038 View Post
Hello everyone -

I'm new to this forum and I here because I'm so angry with my husband or maybe it's more like I so disappointed that I married him and now I feel stuck.

I'm a believer and he's not (although he claims to be) and I know what the Words says but I'm miserable. This is not the life I wanted for me or my children

Aloha sister,

Don't despair! My wife didn't get saved until about 4 years after we were married (in 1961). We have been married for almost 48 years, and I couldn't imagine being married to anyone else.

You need to concentrate real hard on being the kind of wife described in Proverbs 31: 10-31. You and your husband must have been in love at one time, and it is possible to '"renew" that love - but a lot is going to rest on you, and your conduct and attitude toward your husband.

1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

This is the only place in the entire Bible where someone (a husband) can be won "WITHOUT the word"! And this is why I said that "
a lot is going to rest on you, and your conduct and attitude toward your husband". Do you want to see him saved? Then conduct yourself like the "holy women" of old, and follow Peter's advise and pray for him.

2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

It's not as if you are without hope - Trust in God:

Psalms 16:1 Michtam of David. Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.