View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM
cookiemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
What a difficult place to be ... having Bible believers as your opponent and never really knowing what is God's perfect word, striving and straining to find it, yet it is not there to be found, God's word is hidden away, unaccessible
Let's put it this way: I attend a conservative/fundamental Bible-believing Baptist church, and I have no problem following the lead of our Pastors and the message that they preach. They may be imperfect men, but I still believe they are men of God, their spirits and hearts striving for perfection without taint of heresy.

I also have no problem following the KJV; it says, and I believe. I am a Bible believer. I don't doubt a single word because I believe the spirits and hearts behind the KJV (the translators) strove for perfection without taint of heresy. Any (minor) imperfections in the KJV I believe God will correct for me in heaven, but til then, I believe I am counted perfect because I have striven for perfection in my choice of translation, though not having reached it on this earth.

"Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God." (1 Jn 3:21)