Thread: romans 9 pt 1
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:02 AM

Rom. 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The condition of the free gift is found in verse 17...
For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

You gotta receive it. AS TO PAUL, he had to receive it too, and he did.

I Cor. 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received ,...(the gospel of the grace of God)

Was Paul "forced" to receive this gospel? It's not recorded so you falsely assume that he was.
It's been posted that Christ came to save his people from their sins. That's what He came to do, but did it happen? No. It was then overlooked that he came unto his own and his own recieved him not. BUT as many as received him, to THEM gave he power to become the sons of God....
Jesus Christ offered deliverance to the entire nation, but as a nation they rejected Him. He came to save a people that chose Ceasar as king rather than Himself.
God's saving grace is also offered to sinful man, but the gift must be received.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men.

The depraved, unregenerate, enemy of God must receive the gift.