View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Bro George said:

Quote:
Aloha brother Winman,

You may be surprised by what I am going to say - but I do not know Sam Gipp and have never read any of his books. I do know that he came to the Island of Kauai and preached a couple of times and I didn't go to hear him because the church that brought him over is a totalitarian dictatorship (which doesn't speak well about WHO brother Gipp chooses to associate with.)

My whole point in this "donnybrook" is I really don't care WHERE a man has gone to "SCHOOL" or whether he has a "DEGREE" or not!
Well, I say Aloha to you too!

I have never been to Hawaii, but my younger brother is married to a Hawaiian girl, he was stationed at Scofield Barracks in the Army back in the late 70's.

But that's as close as I get.

But anyway, none of my comments were directed at you, they were meant for Greektim. I enjoy your posts very much and learn a lot from them. As you said in your post, a degree means nothing when it comes to the Word of God. The apostles were not scholars, they were fishermen, and publicans, common men. And this is who the Lord Jesus chose.

These Bible correctors don't get it. The Bible is not intended to be an intellectual study, although a person could study it for 10 lifetimes and never completely know it. The Bible is God's Word to all men, so we can find eternal life through the Lord Jesus and learn how to walk in his steps.

I really have a difficult time believeing that anyone who so doubts the Word of God is even saved. Perhaps they are, but you would never know it by their behaviour. Instead of edifying believers, they seem to want to make true believers doubt. Good luck with that.

These folks are proud plain and simple. Their whole motive is to try to impress people with their scholarship. But they completely lack faith which without a man cannot please God.

I am not impressed by anybody who does not believe God.

Prov 10:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

What these folks need is some good old fashioned fear of the LORD.