View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Tandi,

I will ask you the same question I asked "greektim" and "solabiblia" - WHY are you here? ......

You profess that you are a King James Bible believer, BUT your Posts (i.e. the comments within them) continually reveal that you are nothing of the sort!

Whether you like to hear it or not - your Posts reveal that (just like "greektim" & "solabilia") you have NO FINAL AUTHORITY (other than your personal "opinions") when it comes to faith and practice. .....

You have entered "the arena" (Bible doctrine) where real men dwell and abide; and you know what they say: "If you can't stand the heat, you'd better get out of the kitchen".

If you decide to stay, you'd better get used to it. After 69 years I sure ain't going to change to suit some woman (who I don't know), who has so little spiritual discernment, that she is a "Judaizer" and doesn't even know it!
Hello George,

Why am I here? I like to think it is because the LORD led me here. Don't worry, I can stand the heat* of insults and rejection from professing believers, whether Messianic, Baptist, or any of the 39 flavors of Christianity. I am quite used to it. Gives me lots of practice in remembering Jesus' words in the Sermon on the Mount.

Why do I stay? I am an ugly duckling looking for the swan pond and not finding it. So I swim wherever I can find some water.....until banished. It won't be the first time, if that were to happen. First two were Messianic forums. My comments have also been deleted from a couple of prominent Messianic blogs for being controversial I guess. So much for being a Judaizer. I don't seem to fit in anywhere. My friend and I started a forum and invited everyone to participate, whatever their viewpoints, but after a year, not much conversation there. Not sure why. If anyone here would like to "sharpen iron" you are welcome at:

http://torahtimes.org/forum/

* I can't stand the heat of the literal kitchen though....I am more of a Mary than a Martha.

I will reprint my introduction from my very first post to remind everyone of why I came here. If I am unqualified to fellowship here, just let me know.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I have been a KJV fan since receiving a Gideon’s New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs shortly after my born-again experience in 1982. My daughter brought this “little red Bible” home from school in the 5th grade. I read it cover to cover in three days. My complete testimony is at my website.

http://tandi-1964.blogspot.com/2007/...testimony.html

The first time I walked in to a Christian bookstore to buy a complete Bible, I felt dizzy and confused with the wide assortment of Bibles. I had no idea there were so many varieties. I just wanted a Bible. I left the store and prayed about what Bible to buy and ended up in a Walden Bookstore that only had one Bible on the shelf, a KJV. After reading that one until the binding fell apart, I bought a better quality KJV and continued learning and growing and encountering the LORD through the pages of Scripture. When I tried to read an NIV or some other version, I did not sense the same intimacy with the LORD that I did with the KJV. Subsequently, I read about the Bible version controversy and became convinced of many of the arguments in favor of the Received Text. I have read through the Bible every year since the mid 1980’s and appreciate the KJV more and more each time through.

Recently I became interested in the Gap theory (Ruin-Reconstruction) and ended up at the site of Gaines Johnson.

http://www.kjvbible.org/

I found the articles there quite interesting and appreciated his KJV stance. That led to a Google search for another KJV Bible believer that I had lost touch with, which led to finding this forum where both Geologist and Steven Avery are posting! So I signed up the other day and am reading the posts with interest. I especially hope to glean additional insights in the Gap theory vs. YEC positions, as I am in the process of weighing the evidence. I hope the dialogue here is conducive to friendly discussion and sharing of various points of view. I am a friend, not foe....although I may not walk in lockstep on every point of doctrine. It is nice to be able to discuss things from the basis of believing the same Bible at least, and believing that it is indeed the Word of God.
Shalom,

Tandi