Thread: 2 Peter 3:5
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 AM

Chette said:

Quote:

When Noah's flood happened did it change anything in the upper heavens (above Earth's atmosphere)? Were there changes made to the sun, moon, or stars? The answer is NO. The heavens that were already ordained and up in the sky during Adam's day are the very same heavens that were there for Noah and his sons after the flood. And those same heavens are still there today.
I absolutely disagree. Before the flood, there was no rain on the earth.

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

The first time rain is mentioned is Noah's flood.

Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

These are the first two mentions of the word "rain" in the Bible. In Gen 2:5 it says God had not caused it to rain, in Gen 7:4 it says God caused it to rain.

And there was a change in the heaven.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. 12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

Now obviously, there was a huge amount of water in our atmosphere or heaven, but it was contained. In Gen 7:11 its says God opened the "windows" of heaven, releasing rain for the first time upon earth.

Now the use of the word windows is interesting, because it shows the rain was contained by something transparent. The very purpose of a window is to keep the cold and heat out, but still allowing us to look outside. So, this rain was held back or contained by something either invisible or transparent.

But there was a change, we have had rain since Noah. And we also see the first reference to a rainbow and the clouds.

Gen 9:12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

There is also another huge problem in the account of Noah's flood with the Gap Theory. The Gap Theory says the earth was destroyed by a flood TWICE.

But what did God say?

Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Gen 9:15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

If the world has been destroyed by flood twice as the Gap Theory demands, why does God not mention it?

Oh, and I personally believe Noah's flood may have caused changes to outer space above our atmosphere. One of the greatest evidences for this are comets. Comets are known to contain water, but scientists cannot figure out where this water came from as it is super-rare in the universe. I personally believe when the fountains of the deep were broken up, that gigantic geysers of water shot high in the atmosphere. Much of this would have frozen immediately and returned to earth as snow, perhaps hundreds of feet deep in some areas. This could explain the evidence for the Ice Age. But I believe some of this water (and rock too) actually escaped our atmosphere. This would account for the comets, and perhaps the asteroids as well. Scientists know comets cannot be over 10,000 years old because they would have been depleted ages ago. Everytime a comet passes the sun it loses much material, this is the long tail which we can easily see.

I even believe that Noah's flood may account for the pocked-marked surface of the Moon. If water and rocks were spewed out into space, it is possible the Moon was struck by thousands of the earth-made meteorites.

Now that is a personal theory.

Last edited by Winman; 03-07-2009 at 12:16 PM.