View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew Ward View Post
The only way to have fellowship with the Father is by the salvation provided by the Son. 1 John 1:3 who promote the fellowship of believers along with the love of the brethren, would it not?

If his version attacks the person and work of Christ would not your issue be more with the translators of said version? Why would you try and withhold your fellowship from a fellow believer who Christ died for as well as yourself and has provided the both of you fellowship with the Father?
The Bible says "truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

If a person points out that "He" and not "God" was manifest in the flesh (I Timothy 3:16) or "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (1 John 5:7) should not be in the Bible because it was added in later on (as a Baptist preacher once told me); is not that person siding with "said version" against the KJV? I can't talk to the translators who aren't there (and many have died), but I can talk to that person who is there before me who is using "said version". First of all I'm not going to get up and walk off. I'm going to explain why those verses are correct as they are written in the KJV and I will ask that person to explain why they are choosing the words of "said version" over the KJV. Different things can happen. Maybe the person is not aware of the Bible version issue. Maybe the person is not aware and doesn't want to be aware of the Bible version issue. Maybe the person believes their version or all versions are God's perfect word. Whatever the case I will try and engage them in some meaningful dialogue about Bible version issue. If that person refuses the truth; I won't hate them or look down on them and I will try to be a friend, but the friendship or fellowship will not be the same because that person is knowingly taking the words of a counterfeit Bible that casts doubt on the person, work, and deity of Jesus Christ.