View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 05:25 AM

1 Chronicles 10:13 So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;

How strikingly similar is the story of Saul going to seek a "familiar" spirit because the Lord had not spoken to him, to that of many professed Christians today who, because they dont "feel" the presence of God they seek to "feel" through "familiar spirits" Charismatics, Pentecostal worship (sensual music, singing, lyrics) and the like and commit transgressions against the word of the Lord by adding and taking away from the Glorious Book (Modern versions, Social Gospel). Now I am not saying that pentecostals or the like are not saved I cannot judge ANYONE'S salvation, but the story is an indication of how grievous the error of seeking a familiar spirit is.

Jude 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

(I know that Jude is comparing to Sodom and Gomorrahs transgressions)
How similar is this verse to todays so called pastors and evangelists who twist the word of God and preach a false Gospel for the sake of a few dollars, I could list many but sadly it would make this post way too long.

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Definitely no Christians in the Old testament, saints but not Christians.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 03-30-2009 at 05:31 AM.