View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDOC View Post
And because the truth is spiritual, and the written word in physical realm may be destroyed, but not in the spiritual. That's why Jesus is the Word (the truth) and not the written word.
(Emphasis mine)

What a bunch of unscriptural garbage. You essentially have the written word relegated to the status of withering grass.

What do you think is being talked about here?
1 Peter 1:24-25 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
If the word is being preached it is obviously not just in some spiritual realm as you appear to be claiming. You also fall into the trap of confusing the written word with the incarnate Word.

Moreover, Christ explicitly proclaimed the undestroyable nature of the written word:
Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Obviously, all is not yet fulfilled, unless you buy into some strained sense of prophecy that places every prophecy in the Bible as already fufilled.

And before you go off and say something ridiculous like "the law endures in the spiritual realm not in written form" I'd like you to tell me just what in the world you think Jesus was talking about when he said THE BOOK OF [INSERT NAME HERE] and READETH:
Mr 12:26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
Lu 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Mt 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
Now explain to me what Jesus, the Lord, God in the flesh, the incarnate Word, was doing appealing to physical written words if those words are not indestructible and perfectly preserved and not themselves truth? Care to find for me anywhere in the Bible where your view of the written word -- that it can wither and fade and be destroyed -- that only Jesus, not Scripture, is Truth -- is proclaimed?

Heh -- I can. You might start with Jehudi!