View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 02:15 PM

Hi There Brother.

If I may shed some light on your post and question regarding the "New Scofield" reference Bible. Now As I have stated in your introduction post, I pray that you are here to further seek the truth of Gods word and How and where it has been preserved.
What I am about to address may offend you to begin with, but prayerfully by myself and other brethren on the forum we can guide you in the way more prefectly.

The NSRB was published in 1967 and Scofield was dead many years before this bible was published, and as we are about to examine I am sure he wouldn't have agreed to have his name put to a bible that changes the KJB
The NSRB changes the KJB with "better readings" in over 6,500 places. And In the footnotes of Acts 8 Baptism is referred to as a sacrament which I am quite sure Dr Scofield wouldn't have approved of (feel free of course to look these things up, not just rely on what I say)
There are quite a few areas of the New Scofield that agree with the new modern translations and their underlying false txts, for example in Daniel 3:25
"a son of the gods" rather than the KJB "The Son of God"
It also agrees with the American Standard version in places like I Timothy 6:20, Acts 4:27, and Romans 1:25.

Below is a quote from William R Gradys Book Final Authority.

Quote:
Dr. William Grady addresses the NSRB in his book, Final Authority. His research includes the following on page 316: "A random survey of the NSRB margins in Philippians alone revealed a total of 29 changes from the King James Bible. Of these, twenty-one (72%) were traced to either the RSV or the NASV. The skeptic can ckeck it out for himself: Philippians 1:7, 8, 23, 27; 2:1, 15, 25, 27, 28; 3:1, 8, 17, 19, 20, 21; 4:3, 6, 14, 15, 21, and 22." The "New Scofield Reference Bible" in the "King James Version" is NOT new, is NOT a Scofield Bible, and it is certainly NOT a King James Version.
I pray that other Brothers may show you that are more learned, but the txt of the NSRB is not a KJB, but derived from modern false txts and disguised as a KJB. The Old Scofield (Which I posses) is the KJB you may wish to switch to that God Willing.