Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 06:43 PM

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I do believe that all Scriptures have context, and this is important when one tries to find a practical application for a particlular passage. However, I've seen the way you dispensationalists divide away the Scriptures and I am absolutely against this practice. Concernin your quoting Matthew, this is precisely my point I'm trying to make about you guys. Not only have you divided away most of the Holy Bible, but the very Words of Jesus Christ!

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Brother, in all honesty, I do not want to get into this with you. It has been my experience that people who've made up their minds on something are not easily swayed to look at things differently. Know that I like you have made up my mind concerning these things.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen