View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Red face Two witnesses of Jesus or The Archangel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlf View Post
Scripture tells us about two witnesses who will prophesy 1260 days in Jerusalem. Who are these witnesses? Let’s begin with the main verse, Book of Revelation chapter 11, verses 3 through 12:

[B][I]11:3
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Hello johnlf (and everyone else)

Just so you know this is my first time to AV1611 forums and my very first reply or post (for that matter). So I hope I did this right so that it would quote you. Let me start by saying that I kindly disagree with Moses being one of the two witnesses. In the past, I also believed Moses would be one of the two witnesses but not any longer. It's more likely that Elijah could be one of the two however that's not the reason I'm replying to this thread. Elijah is more likely because Malachi 4:5

-------KJV-------
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
-----------------

Personally I believe that the two witnesses will not be known for their witnessing of Jesus Christ although they will hold the testimony of Christ. My understanding tells me that the two witnesses are witnesses of the Mighty Angel of Revelation chapter 10 (who is still speaking).

Notice what is written in Revelation 11:1

-------KJV-------
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
-----------------

Now, it tells us that "the angel stood" saying
Who stood? (Michael the Archangel / The mighty angel of Revelation 10)
When did he stand (during the last days as told in Daniel 12:1)

Keep in mind that through the 11th chapter of Revelation, the mighty angel from chapter 10 (known as Michael) is still speaking and saying:

-------KJV-------
And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
-----------------

So we can clearly see that this angel "stood" and gave power to "his" two witnesses. Two witnesses are all that's needed to confirm the presence of this angel who lives upon the "earth" with one foot and upon the "sea". The earth means he lives in the flesh (like the beast out of the earth) and the sea means that his message is to be carried by his "little book" upon all the earth (peoples, nations, multitudes and tongues). His little book will contain information and I believe the "seven thunders".

Now many confuse Michael with Jesus but Jesus took not upon him the nature of angels. Angels are simply strangers you should entertain by obeying the Word of God. This angel could only be mighty and "share in the glory of Christ" if he suffered for Christ's name sake and the only way that could have happened is if he came down from heaven and lived in the flesh so that he could be persecuted for his testimony to Christ.

The two witnesses will be revealed when the water is turned to blood, and the rain stops falling, and the plagues of old return and their testimony echos throughout the whole earth. Thus the earth dwellers rejoice when the two witnesses die.

We all know Ron Weinland is not one of the two witnesses as his prophecies have failed (meaning America was not nuked this year as he said it would be). So don't drink the flavor aid about Ron Weinland (he's clearly a false prophet and doesn't have the fruit of the Spirit).

Although what many people don't understand is that the two witnesses are witnesses of the angel who probably also wounds the beast out of the sea with the sword. All of these things happening from the 10th chapter through the beginning of the 13th chapter of the book of Revelation are key to keep in mind:

-------KJV-------
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
-----------------

Notice how "the seventh angel" sounds right after the Mighty Angel of Revelation continues speaking to John and not only tells him to rise and measure the temple but that he will give power to his two witnesses?

Notice how in Revelation 12:7, that Michael and his angels make war with the Dragon? This is key to understanding why:

"The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ;"

This is key because Michael just blew his trumpet (and he is indeed the 7th Mighty angel) who was witnessed by two people that were on the earth at the time he was. The seventh trumpet sounds after the two witnesses are finished tormenting them that dwell upon the earth. So if they two witnesses are tormenting earth dwellers... we can accurately assume that the testimony of the MightyAngel and the "seven thunders" is against God's own house. God's judgment falls upon his own house before it falls upon the people that are not of his household of faith in Christ Jesus the King of Kings.

Watch for the seven thunders, the mighty angel and the testimony of the two witnesses in order to understand more. Some things are not always meant to be understood or "unsealed" until the appropriate time of God's own choosing.

Thanks for bringing up this topic, may the Lord bless you with meekness and discernment and understanding peace in the last days (these are the last days).