View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
{We are told to rightly divide "the word of truth" - NOT rightly divide the Books of the Bible}
Well, I agree with that. And giving them the benefit of the doubt, they seem to make that pretty simplistic point of cut-off. That is, Hebrews to Revelation is NOT for the 'church'.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. 2 My brethern

That term 'brethern' is used over an over in reference to BELIEVERS. In 2:1 "My brethern, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ...with respect of persons." Certainly unbelieving Jews did NOT have the faith of Jesus?

1 Peter 1) "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ , to the...2) ELECT according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit..." Certainly unbelieving Jews were not sanctified, that's addressed to believers.

2 Peter 1) "...To them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.". Sounds again like believers, to me.

1 John 2 24) " Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning, ..ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. " WHO alone receives eternal life after trusting upon Jesus?

Jude 1) ".. to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called. "

From what I've read in those letters, they are directed To, and FOR, believers, be they be formally Jews...still believers.

Am I missing something?

Quote:
Obviously James main address is TO "the twelve tribes (of Israel) scattered abroad". The Books of Hebrews, [/COLOR]James, I & II Peter, I, II, & III John, Jude, and Revelation may be for the saints in the future (after the "translation" of the church),

In other words - the entire Bible has been written FOR us (for our learning), but the entire Bible is NOT written TO us; and it is our job to rightly divide "the word of truth" to determine WHAT applies to the church (and the Christian); and what applies to Israel (Hebrews/Jews) in the time past and in the future.