View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Hmmm... Fish are predatory in nature...
Some are, others are worse, like bottom feeders. Bottom feeders are the swine of the sea. Fish are an interesting subject actually...

But anywho:

Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink. Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants. So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days. And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat. (Daniel 1:12-15 KJV)

What I choose to eat and not eat isn't about keeping Law, it's about what I believe to be healthy (no I'm not perfect, and yes I love burgers and pizza!!!). I use The Book to guide me in discerning the diet which I believe God would have me to eat. I'm not saying God will judge Christians who eat dainties etc. But I think God will want to know why we treated our bodies the way we did while we occupied in His stead. So in a way, it doesn't matter if you're an obese lentil eating vegetarian or an obese pork crazed, shell fish eating "all is good" kinda guy. In the end, I do believe God will have us give an account for why we let ourselves go if we have done so.

Peace and Love,
Stephen