View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
That's not shocking. That's Bible. What would be shocking was if you said something like "I slid back into my old ways so that proved I wasn't really saved". God bless Bro
Praise God that is not true: sliding back into your old ways proves that you were never saved and/or have lost your salvation.

Yes, I was raised "once saved, always saved" but over the years I have found it to be true. I've fallen away and back into my old ways and each and every time I feel the Shepherd calling me back (Jn 10:27-29). I've actually felt as if I've been pulled back by the Shepherd's crook. What I mean is the internal battle where the rebellious flesh does all it can to resist the Holy Ghost, but ultimately the Holy Ghost wins - again, Praise God!

Each time I find myself pondering on what Paul asked in Romans 7:15. And as I reflect upon just what I've done I find out something else about myself and how I failed. And it is ALWAYS because I FAILED, NEVER because the Lord failed or abandonded me. I neglected the word, I neglected prayer, I ignored the escape from tempation (I Cor 10:13). I blew it. I never deserved the first chance, certainly didn't deserve the second chance...three strikes and I'm out, etc...but praise God "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1Jo 1:9) and that it never states how many times...

Harley