View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons View Post
This passage speaks about preserving the "poor" in a "wicked world." See the subject in Psalm 12:1 and vs 5. "Them" in verse 7 is the antecedent of "poor" in verse 5.

For sake of argument, if you take that passage as a proof of preservation, what do you do with God's Word before David composed the Psalm? It clearly states " thou shalt preserve them FROM this generation for ever." Are you comfortable with God's word not being preserved BEFORE David wrote this? I'm not.
If this passage is about preserving the "poor" in a "wicked world" then why does it say
Quote:
Psalms 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
seems as though the subject is described in this passage, I don't have to look at Psalms 12:1 to find the subject of Psalms 12:6-7

Oh and what do I do with God's Word before David?? I thought we were suppose to be sharpening iron?

Ok, this is what I do. God has revealed Himself to the faithful from the beginning. God's revelation is progressive. Once the writings, (the inspired writings) of the Apostles were complete, the Cannon was complete. No more new revelations. The faithful have always had God's Word. and like I said for 250 years the faithful had the KJB. The original textual critics, westcott and hort decided it was time to change God's Holy Word and this happened in 1881 and now we have what over 100 english translations, some don't even resemble at all the Word of God.

Last edited by Beth; 05-19-2008 at 02:37 PM.