View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons View Post
Well...it has been 12 hours and no one has given even one bible verse/passage that proves that the KJV is the only Bible we should use today. Don't you even have biblical proof that demonstrates that we are to have one translation per language? I will give you 12 more hours. At that time, I will give you biblical proof that the KJVOnly position is wrong.

Due to the dogmatism here, your position is an easy thing to prove biblically isn't it?
I'll take a quick stab at this.

Quote:
Psalms 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
I believe it was for about 250 years we had the KJB before any of the MV's came to be. 1881 correct? I believe for 250 years the priesthood of believers had the pure Word's of God. With the drastic differences in the MV's we have to be able to determine that one is true and the other is not. For us to say the KJB is not pure and preserved we would have to say that Psalms 12:6-7 is not a faithful promise of God and that for 250 years we did not have God's pure Word's. I believe God and that He is faithful in keeping all of His promises.