Thread: Isaiah 66:24
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
"And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men
that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall
their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." Isaiah 66:24

"for their worm shall not die" does anyone think this means that people in the lake of fire will turn into worm or is it the worm that eats the flesh after one die? I know that eternal death is basically eternally dying... I find it interesting that people at that time will literally see this... I am a bit confused at the moment if it's during the Millenium or after, though I'm thinking it's after the Millenium...

Thoughts?
This is the millenium. When Jesus Christ returns to earth, he will touch down upon the mount of Olives, splitting it east by west. I assume that this split will open up the earth and reveal the pit beneath, and Jerusalem will be the place where the goat and sheep nations are judged. The goat nations, who mistreated Israel, will be cast into this pit, and for the next thousand years, this open pit on the face of the earth will be a memorial of sorts, to those who rejected Jesus Christ and opposed his people.

It is definitely during the millenium, because the preceding verses say

Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Which is during the millenium (days are not observed in eternity). We shall worship Jesus in his presence, which will be in Jerusalem.

I am assuming that when Jesus Christ returns, the split made in the mount of olives will open up the pit, but I may be wrong. Prophecy is a funny thing

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.