Thread: Isaiah 66:24
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy View Post
"And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men
that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall
their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh." Isaiah 66:24

"for their worm shall not die" does anyone think this means that people in the lake of fire will turn into worm or is it the worm that eats the flesh after one die? I know that eternal death is basically eternally dying... I find it interesting that people at that time will literally see this... I am a bit confused at the moment if it's during the Millenium or after, though I'm thinking it's after the Millenium...

Thoughts?
As a previous member has correctly pointed out, the "lake of fire" is burning before, during and after the 1000 years.

Now, for this "their WORM shall not die" phrase, I've heard some preachers say that these sinners will be turned into worms. The truth is, man is already a worm:

Human sperm is shapped like a worm with a large head and long tale. When it fertilizes the female egg the resulting embryo develops into a male or female of the species, mankind. This man child has a large brain and a spinal cord system. If you strip away all of the body's bones and organs and skin you have only a large head (the brain) with a long tail (the spinal cord)...a worm.

This is the essence and core of every man.