View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons View Post
I Your hermeneutic allows for dual meanings. "This verse teaches more than one truth....re-read the verse to find the second teaching: a house divided falleth."

Now...back to defending my position.
Brandon was clear when he said "more than one truth". That does not necessitiate contradiction. You must not be a dispensationalist.

You have jettisoned the rules of biblical interpretation. You have also skirted from answering many questions, many times answering a question with a question. I question your antics. I don't believe this is an honest attempt of you trying to understand the issue. You said you want to "get into our heads". That statement has a "dual meaning". I believe from your posts it has a negative connotation rather than one merely steered by curiosity. I'll ask the question asked of you again. What is your true purpose here? I perceive it is to drive a wedge in folks faith.

BTW: Psalm 12:6-7 is referring to the whole of Scripture. The Scriptures were for ever settled in heaven, in eternity- Psalms 119:89. They are not an evolutionary process. They are special revelation, complete in the Canon, unfolding to us . They are a binding contract, (covenant, judgments, testimonies, commandments, precepts). We as believers are to "keep" them. Guard them, and obey them.

Testament.
Hebrews 9:16-18
For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

Can a testament, contract, be ambiguous? Change-delete a zero here and there in your paycheck, and we'll see how you feel about playing loose with a contract. Is not our Holy God's words much more binding than any man made contract? Have you looked at Brandon's Westcott + Hort's Magic Marker Binge?(he provided it for you) Are two things different the same?(apparently, subjectiviely in the post modern relativistic world) You still have not answered what is your standard. You can't have it both ways. It's either-or, ONE standard, not both-and, multiple contradicting perversions corrupted "through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." (Colossians 2:8).

Correlating corroborating Scripture to Psalm 12:6-7 :

Deuteronomy 4:2: Ye shall not add unto the WORD which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of the Lord your God which I command you.

Psalm 119:152: Concerning THY TESTIMONIES, I have known of old that THOU HAST FOUNDED THEM FOR EVER

Ecclesiastes 3:14: I know that WHATSOEVER GOD DOETH, it shall be FOR EVER: nothing can be put to it NOR ANY THING TAKEN FROM IT: and God doeth it, that men should fear before Him.

(If you don't understand these as Bible preservation, I believe you may be lacking fear of the Lord.)

Matthew 4:4: But he answered and said, IT IS WRITTEN, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.

Matthew 5:17-18: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW till all be fulfilled.

Matthew 24:35: Heaven and earth shall pass away, BUT MY WORDS SHALL NOT PASS AWAY.

2 John 1:2: For the TRUTH'S SAKE, which DWELLETH WITH US, AND SHALL BE WITH US FOR EVER

Jhn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

These are easy to understand.