View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freesundayschoollessons View Post
The KJVOnly approach refuses to update the language so people can understand the sense. The KJVOnly approach is backward to biblical precedent. Teach the people Shakesperean English so they can understand the obsolete words. I am right in saying this, correct? Or, do you verbalize this differently?
Why did you cite a verse that disproves your own position?
Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

You are twisting and wresting this verse to mean that we much change the Bible itself. This verse and the verses that follow show just the opposite -- it shows that book being read distinctly (so much for your multiple authorities) and that it was taught. It was preached! It was not changed or updated.

Helping someone understand the reading is not changing the reading. The KJV is a sense-for-sense translation of God's word from the original languages -- it does not need to be changed any more than it needed to be "changed" in Nehemiah's day.

Finally: you are offering a red herring. You know full well that the problem of modern versions does not begin or end with "updates" to help people "understand." Modern versions of the Bible eliminate portions of God's word. This is not "helping people understand" -- this is corruption.

We all waited with baited breath (heh) as you teased us with your great proof against holding a single standard for God's word -- and this is what you come up with?

Twisting God's word to make it say that you can change God's word is nothing less than corruption. If I were in your shoes, I'd tremble when reading Rev 22:19.