View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 PM

For the record, I used to listen to alot of Missler (I have everything I could download, which is alot! - he's quite popular), but the more I learnt, the more I disagreed with him in various areas.
He is some kind of walking encyclopedia, but men like that can also become dangerous.
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

This guy has certainly studied the Bible, yet he's one of those Greek correctors, and quite frequently such that it really put me off. He does have some great stuff, and I did learn much from him, however I've put his expositions on the back shelf as not being reliable. He definitely sparks alot of curiosity, and his Acts 17:11 motto is repeated at the start of every lesson he gives, and urges you to do your own homework, not to take his word for it, which is comendable.

Thank you Samuel for getting out the tomes and doing some homework for us. I guess Missler does what most Bible-correctors do, they check a lexicon and pick whichever of the various possible translations that fit a desired end, but its not necessarily correct.

Its almost too bad, the gospel hidden in the names thing would be pretty neat if it were reliably correct.

Chette, it was pretty obvious from post#1 that Boaz was seeking comments on the Missler interpretation, and I think you meant to say that Hebrew lacks vowels.

Since its on-topic; I agree OT saints weren't looking forward to the cross per se, since that method of execution wasn't even common yet, but given the fact that there were sufficient prophecies about Christ's suffering and atonement in their hands back then, is it not safe to say they were looking forward to perfect redemption? (Although they focused on the Kingdom prophecies more).
Some examples that even point towards crucifixion: Isaiah 53, Psalm 22, Zechariah 12:10, Genesis 3:15 (!?!), Genesis 49:10 Sceptre passing from Judah would indicate that it ought to be at the hands of the Romans and their methods.
Anyways, I'm sure there are more.