View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Good to know. That means that the Scrivener Greek TR text does have a clear and definite weakness. One that is probably ignored by those using it as a translation base, yet of import in the overall sense.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't the 1611 edition of the KJB have the Comma in italics?

Also, I'd be careful with Bro. Gomez' Bible...not only did he incorrectly and somewhat underhandedly use the Reina Valera name to apparently give his Bible more credibility, but he's also changed it multiple times as other Spanish-speaking missionaries and translators found error with it. One instance of error in the RVG (ugh!) is that he changed "salúd" in Psalms to "salvacíon." "Salúd" means "good health" or something along that line, while "salvacíon" means spiritual salvation. While at face value that seems to be a good change, remember that David thought his soul and his body were the same thing, and he had no idea that he needed spiritual "salvacíon." This is a blatant doctrinal error that would have never happened if they had stuck with the 1865 TRUE Reina Valera.

Last edited by MC1171611; 12-07-2008 at 05:54 AM.