View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
Therefore we do not need Hebrew and Greek as a basis for translating or interpreting or doctrine.
I never said the Greek and Hebrew was a necessity to interpret the Bible or learn doctrine. So don't put words in my mouth just because you have no real argument to offer. What I did say is that there is nothing wrong if a Bible translator wishes to avail himself of the Greek and Hebrew alongside the KJV in the process of translating.

Quote:
And how is accuracy measured?

By Hebrew and Greek?
By a scholar or denominations' opinions?
By all sources? (How do you pick and choose between them?)
By the KJB?

If the KJB is perfect, then other translations would always be a little inaccurate, and therefore it is better (and easier) to teach the world English (which is already far advanced a billion people) and us use the KJB for our Christianisation.
Accuracy is measured by the KJB. But you are missing the point...

Quote:
P.S. Do you agree that the KJB has exactly 100% the meanings of the original words that were inspired in the original langauges with nothing taken away or added?
Yes it does but not everything in English can be translated exactly in another language. So the point is that the translator is in his right to avail himself of other language sources. And what better language sources than the Received Texts which were the very foundation of the KJB. But of course, you think the world needs to be dominated with Anglo-Protestant culture and so you are so blinded by a racist agenda that Foreign translations of the Bible is out of the question to you. Well that is why God is calling us to minister to non-English speaking people and not you.