View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
We used that as an alternative to drinking from the community chalice in the Episcopal church I went to, years ago. They would hand out a piece of unleavened bread, and when the priest came by, we'd hold out our bread, he'd take it and dunk it in the wine (real fermented alcoholic wine) and then place it on our tongue. They called it taking communion by 'intinction'.

I don't do that anymore, I'm a Bible-believing Baptist.
Well, I'm not going to argue about wine or grape juice because the only thing that the NT specifies is " fruit of the vineyard". Fruit of the vineyard can be both grape juice, or wine. However, i'll say this, that when Jesus had communion with his disciples, he used wine. (The reason is because the Jews used wine when celebrating the passover.)

Also, I was listening to a testimony of a Christian, who was from the former Soviet Union. That Christian was placed in jail just because he was Christian. He said that in jail, he wanted to have a communion, but the only thing that he had was water. So he prayed with other Christian prisoners, and that water became wine. So they were able to have communion.