Thread: Who won?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:50 AM

Default Re:Who won?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Thanks for breaking that down George. Ohmert was willing to give up the Land. Now Israel may just have a chance. Netanyahu will put the hammer down.

It amazes me that some people from the church i left think allah is the same as our God,and that Israel are occupiers of palestinian lands. Sound familiar? God laid out the land promised to them in Genesis Chptr 15v18.
I said one day to the preacher,we should support Israel,he said,If there was no problems or conflicts in Israel,they wouldn't want us involved in there business. HOW can you be a christian and not support Israel.
Aloha Jeremy,

Don't expect too much from Netanyahu, he doesn't have much room to maneuver - Between the division in his own country; the Muslim countries wanting to annihilate them; Russia & China aiding their enemies; the European Union standing against them; and the U.S. (behind the scenes) forcing them into "PEACE" agreements, he doesn't have that many choices.

I believe that the following Verse in our Holy Bible indicates to all Christians HOW they (we) should view Israel.
Quote:
Romans 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
At this point in time, the nation of Israel openly opposes the Gospel (and the Lord Jesus Christ), and actively bars all true evangelistic efforts in the country. However, they are "beloved for the fathers' sakes". Any Christian who opposes Israel (Jews/Hebrews) had better watch his step! God is not done with them <> [Isaiah 4:1-6; Isaiah 9:6-7;Zechariah 3:9; Zechariah 14: 1-21; Ezekiel 20:33-38, 30:3; 39:22; Isaiah 66:5-24; etc.; etc.]

Isaiah 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Look up the phrases: "the day" or "that day"; there are hundreds of them, and most of them are in regards to Israel. No, the Lord is not finished with His earthly people (Jews/Hebrews) - and never will be!

As far as Israel is concerned:

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Last edited by George; 02-21-2009 at 11:01 AM.