View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
Good point Kevin. It brings to light another good reason why Israel, the "wife" of Jehovah in the Old Testament, cannot possibly be espoused to marry Jesus Christ in the future, for Christ's wife is to be a VIRGIN. Israel committed adultery against God in the Old Testament, He cast her away and will restore her again, but as His wife, not as a "virgin" bride!

Isaiah 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. 6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. 7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. 8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Jeremiah 3:1 They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, shall he return unto her again? shall not that land be greatly polluted? but thou hast played the harlot with many lovers; yet return again to me, saith the LORD.

Hosea 3:1 Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine. 2 So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver, and for an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley: 3 And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee. 4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: 5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.
Brother Kiwi, everything you quoted only supports the Biblical record in Revelation 19 that indeed Israel is looking for a future REMARRIAGE. They have played the harlot, but they are to return unto their husband.

WHEN WILL ISRAEL (the OT "Bride" and "Wife") RETURN UNTO THE LORD ("husband")?
1. Did they return in John 3?
2. Have they returned in Romans 7, 2 Corinthians 11, or Ephesians 5?
3. Or, will they return in Revelation 19?

When will the prophecies of Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Hosea be fulfilled?
There is no prophecy anywhere that the church is going to be "married" with the Lord in the Millennium, but there is a whole lot of prophecy that Israel is looking forward to a "remarriage" in the Millennium.