View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman
Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

Isa 51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. 8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.
It looks like the context in these verses is the "grave", meaning their fleshly body in the ground, not eternity in the lake of fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Just my theory, but I believe that the unsaved will not only be tormented in fire, but they will continue to decay as a dead body decays forever. Pretty gruesome, but I believe this might be the case.
I can't get my head around an eternal decaying, down here if something decays it breaks down and eventually disappears, and we know that's not the case in eternity. What verses do you use to support this theory, brother?