View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM

George,
Attitudes like your is why there is no middle ground !!! You took what I said and got something I didnt say out of it. Why the word games??? I have no problems with the King James Version. I said nothing about having a problem with the Word of God and made a statement about other bibles containing the Word just the same. But you make the Word of God and the KJB one and the same with no equal.

Final Authority?!?!?!?! Whats yours 1611, 1629, 1769, 1862, Blayney, Oxford standard, Cambridge? And you talk of tampering. I have 3 KJB's that disagree with each other on a desk at home. 1983 Oxford University Press Edition, 1983 Zondervan King James Classic and of course a 1611 KJB Hendrickson facsimile print. Different words to say the same thing. There are differences between the Oxford and Cambridge , which is wrong? How can I believe the KJV is pure when I dont even know which one is? I have 3 , tell me which one is pure.

My final authority is the message of the Bible, not the thee's and thou's and doest and didst. In John 3:16, John wrote "monogene" but it takes two words to translate it "only begotten". So were we adding words to translate that to English?

You accuse me of reading corrupt translations when there are at least 3 text lines of King James Bibles sold in America alone today?!?!?!?

Before you get the mote out of my eye, pull the beam from yours.

Last edited by Tmonk; 02-24-2009 at 02:58 PM.