View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
My biggest concern is that this teaching teaches that the Jews are saved in a different manner than the Gentiles, that there is more than one gospel. I personally believe there is only one gospel.
Revelation 14:6-7 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Do you preach that when you share the Gospel with someone? No? There is proof right there that there is more than one Gospel in the Bible. Can you put this to rest now?

Quote:
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Which, of course, applies to the world now and today.

Quote:
That this is the same gospel preached to all believers is shown in chapter 3.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Did Abraham believe this Gospel? Did he even understand it? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but this verse doesn't say this is the only Gospel in the Bible any more than it says chickens have wings.

What do you do with Matthew 24? Do you preach this Gospel?
Matthew 24:13-14 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
If you preach that Gospel, you preach that salvation is conditional and not even sure until the end!

Now, if the Jews were saved by believing the same "Gospel" as you, how is it that even Peter was rejecting the Gospel even up until after Christ was resurrected?

The rest of this is from an article I previously wrote, to which nobody has provided an adequate response as to how Peter could have been believing the Gospel you and I must believe:

Here is the Lord Jesus Christ putting “the cross” in a nutshell:

Mark 8:31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

What was Peter’s response?

Mark 8:32 And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him.

Peter’s response was to rebuke the Lord. Today, when someone rebukes the Gospel, we call that person lost.

Peter certainly wasn’t “looking forward to the cross.” What about looking “back” to the cross?

Luke 24:6-11 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. And they remembered his words, And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.

What do we call someone who “believes not” the resurrection? Lost! If Peter (and the other Apostles) were “looking forward to the cross” they certainly would not have denied the resurrection after it happened.