View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 AM
whirlwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Originally Posted by CKG
After Israel (Northern Kingdom) and Judah (Southern Kingdom) split.
2 Chronicles 11

16. And after them out of all the tribes of Israel such as set their hearts to seek the LORD God of Israel came to Jerusalem, to sacrifice unto the LORD God of their fathers.

Whirlwind - Yes, some of the other tribes that wished to worship at the temple did so. They came to "sacrifice" but it didn't say to remain. Nor did it say all of, or many of, the house of Israel "came to Jerusalem." Did some of the other tribes stay and live in Jerusalem. I'm sure they did but not the whole, or majority of, the "house of Israel."
CKG - 2 Chronicles 11:16 Comments - It doesn’t matter if every single member of Israel came. It says “out of all the tribes of Israel came”. It didn’t say they remained, but it didn’t say they returned. The point is even after the kingdoms divided (and there was usually contention between the two kingdoms) there were still, out of all the tribes of Israel, those who came to Jerusalem to worship.
Originally Posted by CKG
After Israel was taken into captivity

2 Chronicles 31
1. Now when all this was finished, all Israel that were present went out to the cities of Judah, and brake the images in pieces, and cut down the groves, and threw down the high places and the altars out of all Judah and Benjamin, in Ephraim also and Manasseh, until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned, every man to his possession, into their own cities.

6. And concerning the children of Israel and Judah, that dwelt in the cities of Judah, they also brought in the tithe of oxen and sheep, and the tithe of holy things which were consecrated unto the LORD their God, and laid them by heaps.

Whirlwind - I believe they are those that came to worship there.
CKG - 2 Chronicles 31:6 Comments - “And concerning the children of Israel and Judah, that dwelt in the cities of Judah,”

2 Chronicles 30:6 tells us “So the posts went with the letters from the king and his princes throughout all Israel and Judah, and according to the commandment of the king, saying, Ye children of Israel, turn again unto the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, and he will return to the remnant of you, that are escaped out of the hand of the kings of Assyria.”

Even though the northern kingdom had been taken into captivity by Assyria there were those that had escaped. Why would they want to return to the northern kingdom which was under Assyrian rule?

Originally Posted by CKG
2 Chronicles 34:9. And when they came to Hilkiah the high priest, they delivered the money that was brought into the house of God, which the Levites that kept the doors had gathered of the hand of Manasseh and Ephraim, and of all the remnant of Israel, and of all Judah and Benjamin; and they returned to Jerusalem.

CKG - 2 Chronicles 34:9 Comments – After the Assyrian captivity of the northern kingdom, there was a remnant of Israel in Jerusalem.
James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Whirlwind - Yes...they were scattered abroad. James writes to them and us. Christ was sent to them and He sent His disciples to them and us

That makes absolutely no sense (not uncommon for many of your statements). James writes to the twelve tribes. As far as James is concerned there aren't 10 lost tribes and 2 found; there are 12 tribes which have been scattered.

The writings of James were for all Israel. It is he that tells us they were scattered...not me. From the above I assume you believe the ten tribes never left, are not the lost sheep, were never scattered, or are all living in Jerusalem?

Ezekiel 37:16-17 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
Has that happened yet?
37:21 And say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord GOD; 'Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

37:24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.