Thread: Signing Bibles
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother,

If you feel uncomfortable about this (signing Bibles), it's probably because God the Holy Spirit is trying to tell you something.

In 50 years of being a Christian, there have been a couple of men who helped me in my study of the Bible - I never once ever thought of asking them to "sign" my Bible.

I believe that this stems from our carnal "Culture" and the elevating of "Christian celebrities" as if they were Football, Baseball, or Basketball stars; or as if they were popular or famous "politicians" or "actors" (which some of them are!)

I go along with Brandon - the only person I would ever want to sign my Bible would be my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
George, you mean...you don't want me, the Bone-Dry Heretic Of The 21st Century, to sign your Bible? Woe is me, woe we, Jesus wept...

Alright, here comes Tony, always has to be different, always has to...

Friends, I found a center in myself a long, long time ago, and found the difference between words on a page of a book that can let a God breath through them and give eternal life, can make dead things live, and sheaves of reconstituted wood pulp bound between a piece of leather.

I got a Bible around here somewhere that Pastor Richard Jordan signed is my only one, I had, and might still have a KJV dated 1869 that was bound in leather-covered wood that I stood in line for 40 minutes to sign but the bodyguards for the Bearing Precious Seed Spanish NT scam would not let us get close enough to Dr. Ruckman for him to sign for me since the pastor we were under at the time also wanted to speak with Dr. Ruckman and ask that these people stop promoting a "KJV In Spanish" when it was I think a 1909 Valera that had been Westcott-Hortized.

Oh well, I'l sign your Bibles brothers if we ever meet, but always remember...

"Dont you listen to him Dan
He's a devil, not a man...
...cooooooool water..."

Tony Bonez