View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM

Default Ecumenism or something else?

I have an aunt that is a benedictine nun. On her facebook page she is in this ecumenical group. This kinda hit a hot spot with me at that moment, because just that night I watched a video of a bunch of religious hot shots (the dahli lama, some diet catholic guy, a jewish rabbi that talked like a homosexual, two muslims, a sikh, and of course a benedictine nun) talking about the world and its problems etc. I felt sick to be honest watching the whole thing. The Spirit stirred inside me the whole time with "2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" I kept wondering, which leads me to my question, is this Ecumenism or is this something entirely different and far worse? I mean, I hear lots of preaching on why we conservatives don't yoke ourselves in doing the Lord's work with charismatics and papists, but to be yoked together with other religions!? Can anyone direct me to anything (videos, books, articles) that addresses this sort of thing that I could use in a write up on this aberrant behaviour?

Oh and one last question, perhaps I should give this its own thread but since it fits with this whole fiasco I'll leave it here for now. Are Roman Catholics going to spend eternity in heaven or hell? I ask this because I want to say that those that have faith in Christ Jesus will go to heaven, but... *sigh* This is tough, because I need to know if I should be putting more effort into witnessing to my aunt.

Any feedback is welcome of course. Chette, I also welcome whatever you have to say.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen