View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
For what it's worth, I agree that we are given the faith of Christ. It wasn't until recently that I understood the difference between faith and belief. But being given the faith of Christ is conditioned on our first believing (trusting) God.
An order of events
An order of events is definitely found in Ephesians’ 1:13 and what needs to be contained in the order is the events forerunning before trust and believing and being sealed with the holy Spirit of promise. Which when one looks to the logic of the prelude; it defines the precepts that is misconstrued and are prevalent in perversion versions and even infects adheres of the King James, the Word of God, understanding of terms and definitions of key words as “grace” and “faith”.
What I mean simply is as Diligent points out it was just recently that he understood the difference between belief and faith. I do not know how recently Brandon differentiate faith from belief, but I am sure many we’re entangled in the same misconception and other have thought about it, but the divinations of the sorceries of bewitching of the perversions versions has and is making it difficult to see the truth evident by just reading God’s word.
Now for you who do not know who Brandon Staggs is; he is the forerunner of the most major web site on the King James Bible and the bible program Swordsearcher and has been a major help to believers against attack on the word of God (King James Bible). If Brandon is just coming around with the understanding that there is a difference between faith and belief you can see just how deep the roots of deception are.
Now I do not know for sure what the total impact of our misunderstanding has been. The dynamic of how words such as “faith” and “grace” are misconstrued are not as important as what the impact of consequence of our misunderstanding. However the dynamics are probably wrapped in the infection of the perversion versions previously inflected on us through the main stream christian media, filtered down through the local fellowships. All this was inflected on the majority of Christians before their consciousness of the issues involving the King James Bible was brought to light and I believe this is common and not the exception.
So what is the impact of the manipulation of the definition of words as faith and grace?
Well, certainly it ties into the ecumenical movement. This is the direction that Lucifer has twisted and has used to have men worship him from the beginning. Large amounts of christian that you talk with will say they are saved by their faith in Christ. Now I remember when I was first born again, asking “isn’t my faith a work”. I never did receive an answer that defines “my faith” satisfactory as something other than “my work” from the main stream christian forum. It is glossed over with doctrines of men.
To the crunch of the operation of God, that by grace are you saved though faith and that not of yourself. In Ephesians’ 1:13 we see that trusted, then believed and then the sealing of the holy Spirit of promise. So what is the prelude? The only logically conclusion is Grace. However there is another item before that. A stipulation, a requirement, a work, which the word of God says must happen before this grace is given. It is broken heart and a contrite spirit wrapped in humility, God give grace to the humble. God is doing a work in men, he sets a series of event that will humble us so as we may receive and he would give his grace so as we might trust him and then believe on his Son and be born again. Simplify grace is the ability to believe on Jesus Christ. So you would have too claim falling backward is a work you did to earn your salvation, unlike salvation by your faith in Christ found in perversion versions.
Now where does faith come in, faith is the action that illustrates what you believe. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. When you believe by the grace of God, you obey his word (faith), and fruit follows, which glorifies God through Jesus Christ. This is the salvation of God by grace through faith. Repent and be baptized.