View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace to me View Post
I didn't conveinently leave them out , pepople read to much into those whosoevers , Most of the time it's just stating a fact , For instance in 1 Jn.4:15 it's stating that if you are confessing , God is dwelling in you . 1Jn. 5:1 If you are beleiving [ believeth , present tense you are born of God [ is ] present tense . Acts 10:43 whosoever believeth [ present tense ] if you are believing you shall recieve remission of sins , see how it just states a fact and not telling you to believe to obtain it ?
The system of Calvinism breaks down when one examines the order of events:
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Calvinism has people being saved so they can believe. The Bible has people believing so they can be saved.

For what it's worth, I agree that we are given the faith of Christ. It wasn't until recently that I understood the difference between faith and belief. But being given the faith of Christ is conditioned on our first believing (trusting) God.