View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
BrianT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Brian T. : --- Your words are in english, but I'm still not sure what you believe,,,
Do you read from a modern translation ? Do you sell/market one of the versions that follow the 1881 R.V. ? Do you own stock in Zondervan/Tyndale/NavPress/etc.. ? I'm trying to figure out your "point-of-view". {I'm not the Admin or Mod.--- just curious}. I do appreciate your reply to my post---no cuss words or insults-unlike some folks- .
See my previous post for what I believe on this issue. Yes, I read from a modern translation occasionally, but not exclusively - I use a range of translations including the KJV. I do not sell/market Bibles, nor own stock in any publishing company. I am not affiliated with any publishing company, although I do admire and support the translation/missionary work of Wycliffe Bible Translators.

Quote:
If the guy in the red suit with the reindeer dropped a a copy of the Geneva in my chimney---I wouldn't mind!
I know what you mean. A few years ago I managed to get my hands on the University of Wisconsin Press' 1969 facsimile reprint of the 1560. It's a real treasure, and very interesting to read the word of God as it appeared almost 500 years ago. You see, I believe the Geneva is the word of God, but not 100% textually perfect. I believe the same about the KJV. All I'm questioning Kinney (and others) on is the fact that they have no real, Biblical authority to say things changed in 1611. They can speculate about supposed prophecies and supposed fulfillments, but it all boils down to personal, fallible interpretation and guesswork.

God bless,
Brian