View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 AM

I tend to think of it this way: God preserved His people, the Jews, scattered all over the globe, for almost 2,000 years since the last dispersion, and He was able to bring them back into the Land of Promise starting in 1948. If He could do that with those stiffnecked (God bless them!!) and rebellious people (Shalom Aleichem! ), then what a fool a man would have to be to think that He could not have preserved His own WORDS through the centuries and brought them back together in one place in 1611!

As far as Wycliffe is concerned; there's an interesting passage (and some of you may know this) in Revelation chapter 2. The Church of Thyatira is, I believe, the church of the Dark Ages, when Rome ruled with an iron fist and slaughtered those that dared to stand against her evilness and perversions. In verse 28, Jesus told them that He would "give him the morning star." While Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star (not to be confused with Lucifer in Isaiah 14 in all the new perversions!), John Wycliffe, if you'll remember, is called "the morning star of the Reformation" for his work in translating and promulgating the Bible in the common language. For whatever reason, God protected him (though men like Tyndale and Huss were killed for the same things), and his efforts helped shape the Reformation that would explode through Luther and Calvin (ick!).

I just thought I'd throw that in there.