View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Pastor Mikie

DarlovesJesus, I would also wish to state that I DO NOT support the CCM industry. There is a lot of corruption, manipulation and life ruining aspects to it. There is a big movement away from it where musicians can be independent of the major CCM industry.

As a musician, I desire to glorify God, draw people to Jesus and edify His church.

I've done music in various venues where there were many different musical tastes. I got their attention with the music, and lead them to Jesus preaching the Word. In churches, I preached with the music, lead them into worship with the music and praised and glorified my Lord with the music. Some was fast, some was slow, some was "jazzy", some was with back-beats (beats 2 & 4), some orchestral, some that was humourous, etc.

This isn't a new technique. The Salvation Army used it (still does). They've re-written many popular songs with Gospel lyrics. The Wesley's did the same thing. The song "Revive Us Again" is a re-written song entitled "Hallelujah, I'm a Bum".

That's where I'm coming from. A person would be hard pressed to find music that doesn't use "back-beats". Many of the Gaither's songs uses it. "Something Beautiful", "Because He Lives" and lots of other songs of theirs have "back-beats" in them. I really don't think those songs are evil because of that.