View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Pastor Mikie

Music is a tool for God's creation (humans, angels etc.) to worship Him. I believe the Bible teaches that. All you've expressed is your opinion, and I'll accept that. Your last sentence was an unsubstantiated insult. You don't know me and jumped to a conclusion based on my profession.

FYI: I think most "CCM" is garbage. A lot of it sounds like the song was written for the sake of writing a song. Lot's is motivated by money. Lot's of it is fame and fortune like the world. However, the principal I'm expressing is: saying it is evil because of the rhythm, chord progressions and sequence of notes is not accurate. That's like the phone company blaming their computer for an error. It isn't the computer's fault. It is the fault of the person(s) who entered in the information (unless the computer just broke or something). The same is true of music. People do music, therefore it is people who make it good or bad.

So, your last sentence on your posting (DarlovesJesus) was made out of prejudice, not knowledge. So you rested your case on an assumption.