View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Pastor Mikie

My point isn't to just be right. My goal is to not have people get into bondage over the music issue. My wife when she was first saved was "taught" as others have stated in this thread. So, she thought she could only listen to "maranatha" music. She was in bondage.

Having someone get all ugly at me for using a certain rhythm, chord progression or some other nonsense is quite annoying. I know I can't please everyone. The annoying part isn't that they didn't like it. The annoying part is that they thought they were speaking for God in rebuking me and calling me names besides.

Galatians 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

I know some will tell me this verse is in the context of those who came into the Galatian Church to make them live under the law. That is true, but the principal is the same regarding the subject of music.

For many years, some churches have taught that it was a sin to go to the movie theatre. It was the contents of the movie and other goings-on that was sinful, not the building or the medium itself.